Plant Description: This Alternanthera demands attention with its hot pink foliage, which makes it an excellent contrast plant in gardens.
Height & Width: 50-60cm high x 50-60cm wide.
Foliage: Stunning hot pink foliage.
Flowers: Ball shaped white flowers in spring.
Uses: Small garden hedges (also as a specimen plant, in gardens beds, containers and patio pots).
Position & Tolerances: Full sun to part shade. Heat tolerant, and loves humidity. Frost tender shrub, needs to be in a sheltered position protected from light frosts.
Soil Type: Requires well drained moist soils.
Best Planting Time: October to March.
Planting Density: 2-3 plants per linear metre (2-4 plants per m²).
Where it thrives: Frost free areas - QLD, Coastal NSW, Coastal VIC, Coastal WA, Coastal SA and NT.
Pruning: Yearly pruning will provide vibrant new growth.
Establishment & Extra Care:
- Water as required for 8-13 weeks until established.
- Plant in a well mulched garden, a chunky mulch is recommended.
- Provide adequate water as required, keep moist in dry weather.
- Protect from light frosts.
- Use slow release fertiliser in spring, if required.
Purchase Brazilian Red Hots™ Alternanthera Online from: