Native Shrubs & Ground Covers Range
Plant Description: A very fast establishing hedge and is one of the best hedging Westringia available for medium to tall hedges. It has a tidier form and requires about half as much pruning as some other Westringia varieties.
Height & Width: 1m high x 60cm wide (pruned), 2.2m high x 1.5m wide (unpruned).
Foliage: Beautiful green foliage.
Flowers: Masses of mauve flowers from September to May.
Uses: Tidy hedging plant (also as specimen plant).
Position & Tolerances: Full sun to part shade. Drought and cold tolerant. Avoid depressed planting areas.
Soil Type: Sandy to well drained clay soils.
Best Planting Time: March to November.
Planting Density: 1-2 plants per linear metre (1-2 plants per m²).
Where it thrives: NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, SA, WA and South East QLD (not suited to Northern QLD).
Pruning: Prune to shape 1-3 times per year after flowering. More frequent pruning will provide a tidier hedge or shape. This plant can be left unpruned in its naturally tidy form.
Establishment & Extra Care:
- Water as required for 8-13 weeks until established.
- Plant in a well mulched garden, a chunky mulch is recommended.
- Use slow release fertiliser in spring, if required.
- Avoid wet feet and depressed planting areas where it will be sitting in water, this can cause fungal problems.
- This plant is NOT recommended for rain gardens.
Purchase Naringa™ Westringia Online from: